Top 10 Best Places for Paris Beer Week
May 19, 2015
Paris Beer Week in the land of wine? Is this some kind of joke? No… It’s surprising, but very real. For the second time in Paris, this event will take place from Friday May 22 to Sunday May 31. For this occasion, beer bars, brewers, wholesalers and even cocktail bars will put the spotlight on delicious ales, brews, lagers and other fermented drinks. Here is our list of the top 10 places to be[er] for Paris Beer Week 2015.
Paris Beer Week is all about discovering the products of small independant breweries. But before doing so, why not start with a Heineken event (not related to the Paris Beer Week) on Friday 22 and Saturday 23 at the beautiful Palais Brongniart (former Stock Exchange of Paris)? You'll get to meet beer experts, bar tenders and more while tasting beer from all over the world. All you need to do is sign up for free and let the party begin!
- Where: Palais Brongniart, 28 place de la Bourse, 75002 Paris
- Metro: line 3 - Bourse
- When : May 22nd and 23rd, from 1PM to 10PM
La Fine Mousse
La Fine Mousse is one of the temples of traditional French and international beer in Paris. At the bar, you will have the possibility to taste 20 different craft beers on tap. La Fine Mousse will also be inviting special guests (mainly local brewers) to animate the event.
- Where: La Fine Mousse, 6 Avenue Jean Aicard, 75011 Paris
- Metro : line 3 Rue Saint Maur
- When : every day from 5PM to 2 AM
Lulu White is a great cocktail bar in the heart of SoPi, but they are going above and beyond their usual absinthe based cocktails to bring you 3 unusual beers and special fermented drinks created just for Paris Beer Week.
The name says it all. At Bières Cultes, you won’t find your typical mainstream beers. They sell cult beers, the ones adored by connoisseurs. And for Paris Beer Week, Bières Cultes has got a lot of entertaining and delicious beers lined up.
- Where: Bières Cultes Châtelet, 14 rue des Halles, 75001 Paris
- Metro : lines 1/4/7/11/14 – Châtelet
- When : 3PM to 8PM, Friday and Saturday until 9PM, closed on Sunday
Demory beer bar is located in the heart of the Beaubourg area, just a stone’s throw away from the Centre Georges Pompidou. During Paris Beer Week, they will serve an original selection of local and international craft beers as well as delicious artisanal sausages. And to top it off, live DJ's will be blasting their beats.
- Where: 62 rue Quincampoix, 75004 Paris
- Metro: line 3 – Rambuteau
- When: 6PM to 2AM, Fridays and Saturdays until 4AM
Little Red Door
First, you’ll have to find it, but that’s part of the fun when looking for a speakeasy cocktail bar. For Paris Beer Week, the Little Red Door has created delicious beer based cocktails. Sit down, relax and enjoy!
Express de Lyon
All aboard! Step into the friendly world of l’Express de Lyon, a beer bar and restaurant located next to the Gare de Lyon train station. The Paris Beer Week at L’Express de Lyon is going to be a culinary one as the chef will prepare great tasting dishes that will perfectly match your choice of beer!
- Where: L’Express de Lyon, 1 Rue de Lyon, 75012 Paris
- Metro: lines 1 / 14 – Gare de Lyon
- When : 12PM to 10 PM
With more than 450 different kinds of beers, Brewberry is definitely one of the best beer restaurant / wholesaler in Paris. If you are looking for French local craft beers, or Swedish, Dutch, Belgium or German ales, this is the place to be. Make sure you go to Brewberry on Wednesday May 27 to participate in the beer & chocolate tasting!
- Where: Brewberry, 11 rue du Pot-de-Fer, 75005 Paris
- Metro : line 7 – Place Monge
- When : 4PM to 1 AM, Friday and Saturday until 2AM, Sunday until 11PM
There is no such thing as a festival without a finale! And for the second edition of the Paris Beer Week, this grand finale will be held at the popular La Bellevilloise. 30 French and international brewers will be there. Translation: over 60 beers will be there for you to taste! All this to the beats of live music and DJs.
- Where: La Bellevilloise, 19-21 Rue Boyer, 75020 Paris
- Metro : line 2 – Ménilmontant, line 3 - Gambetta
- When : 11AM to 11PM on Saturday May 30th
Frog & Rosbif
The Frog & Rosbif might not officially be part of this year’s Paris Beer Week, but it's hands down one of the best places to have locally brewed beers. With 4 locally brewed beers, and a choice of international food, including delicious burgers, it is good times guaranteed, especially on weekends.
- Where: Frog & Rosbif, 116 Rue Saint-Denis, 75002 Paris
- Metro: line 4 – Etienne Marcel
- When: 12PM to 2AM every day